Inflammation in the body is a normal and healthy response to injury or attack by germs. We can see it, feel it and measure it as local heat, redness, swelling and pain. This is the body’s way of getting more nourishment and more immune activity into an area that needs to fend off infection or [...]
We start out with good intentions each January, believing that we can make this year an improvement over the last. But for many of us, by February our resolve has started to fizzle and we find ourselves reverting back into old habits and routines. Let’s break that cycle in 2013! Making just one positive change [...]
When we think about how well we’re aging, we care about the wrinkles on our faces and the fat around our bellies. Those are the things we can see in the mirror. But we don’t get that sort of feedback on how well our brains are aging until it’s late in the aging process. In [...]
Spring cleaning our homes can be a great stress reliever. Just as a cleaned, freshened environment can put our minds at ease, spring is also a great time to remove the clutter from other areas of our lives that may be keeping us from feeling our best. After the stress of cold, winter months combined [...]
February is American Heart Month, when we draw attention to the fact that heart disease is still the leading cause of death in the United States. According to the Centers for Disease Control: • In 2010, an estimated 785,000 Americans had a new coronary attack, and about 470,000 had a recurrent attack. • About every [...]
- 10 Surefire Tricks for Saving Money on Your Grocery Bill 28. Jan, 2012
- This Father’s Day, here are five gift ideas to help dad get healthier 14. Jun, 2012
- Gluten Free: It’s Not a Diet 29. Jul, 2011
- Five great ideas for celebrating American Heart Month 02. Feb, 2012
- Sneak Peek into Our Spring/Summer 2012 Issue! 29. Mar, 2012
- The Better Way to Choose Dietary Supplements February 27, 2013
- Take Action Against Harmful, Whole-Body Inflammation January 29, 2013
- One change each month will add up to a happier, healthier year! January 7, 2013
- Confessions of Successful Dieters January 1, 2013
- Holiday magic: Last-minute tips for less stressful, more healthful celebrations December 5, 2012
- admin: Thanks for the compliment Neal. RSS is very simple...
- home heating: Hello, I enjoy your weblog. Is there something I c...
- admin: Good luck with your training! Please check back wi...
- The Wellness Advisor: Thanks Laree!...
- Laree Bratz: As usual, another great write up. Keep up the good...
The Wellness Advisor® Magazine
Learn about some of the foods, beverages, and supplements containing CoroWise®, a leading brand of natural cholesterol reducers called plant sterols that have been clinically shown to reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol.