Inflammation in the body is a normal and healthy response to injury or attack by germs. We can see it, feel it and measure it as local heat, redness, swelling and pain. This is the body’s way of getting more nourishment and more immune activity into an area that needs to fend off infection or [...]
When we think about how well we’re aging, we care about the wrinkles on our faces and the fat around our bellies. Those are the things we can see in the mirror. But we don’t get that sort of feedback on how well our brains are aging until it’s late in the aging process. In [...]
If you have school-age children, you take great pains to prepare them for a successful school year. You provide them with school supplies and replace clothes they have outgrown over the summer. Don’t forget to also prepare them for their future by educating them about nutrition. Teaching them to have good eating habits may help [...]
Sometimes it seems that we are so focused on getting the fat out of our diets, that we forget that some fat is actually necessary for our health. And if you are concerned about your heart health, you should know that some types of fat can help your cardiovascular system function better. Let’s start with [...]
Muscle mass is key for overall health, as it helps keep your metabolism cranking, improves fat burning, protects your bones and helps hold everything in tighter (I like to think of it as my “metabolic shapewear”). The challenge is that with low-calorie dieting, stress, aging, lack of exercise and poor nutrition, you can easily lose [...]
- 10 Surefire Tricks for Saving Money on Your Grocery Bill 28. Jan, 2012
- This Father’s Day, here are five gift ideas to help dad get healthier 14. Jun, 2012
- Gluten Free: It’s Not a Diet 29. Jul, 2011
- Five great ideas for celebrating American Heart Month 02. Feb, 2012
- Sneak Peek into Our Spring/Summer 2012 Issue! 29. Mar, 2012
- The Better Way to Choose Dietary Supplements February 27, 2013
- Take Action Against Harmful, Whole-Body Inflammation January 29, 2013
- One change each month will add up to a happier, healthier year! January 7, 2013
- Confessions of Successful Dieters January 1, 2013
- Holiday magic: Last-minute tips for less stressful, more healthful celebrations December 5, 2012
- admin: Thanks for the compliment Neal. RSS is very simple...
- home heating: Hello, I enjoy your weblog. Is there something I c...
- admin: Good luck with your training! Please check back wi...
- The Wellness Advisor: Thanks Laree!...
- Laree Bratz: As usual, another great write up. Keep up the good...
The Wellness Advisor® Magazine
Learn about some of the foods, beverages, and supplements containing CoroWise®, a leading brand of natural cholesterol reducers called plant sterols that have been clinically shown to reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol.