When we think about how well we’re aging, we care about the wrinkles on our faces and the fat around our bellies. Those are the things we can see in the mirror. But we don’t get that sort of feedback on how well our brains are aging until it’s late in the aging process. In [...]
If you have school-age children, you take great pains to prepare them for a successful school year. You provide them with school supplies and replace clothes they have outgrown over the summer. Don’t forget to also prepare them for their future by educating them about nutrition. Teaching them to have good eating habits may help [...]
This is the second blog in a series we’re calling Pass Along Heart Health. Please use one of the buttons to share this important information, so that others may enjoy the benefits of a healthier heart now and long into the future! Those healthy choices you make to protect your heart may also be [...]
Get to know your co-workers well enough and you’ll soon hear some of them boasting about their lack of sleep. “I never sleep more than six hours a night.” Or, “Last night I got 3.5 hours of sleep, I’m just so busy.” Despite our hectic schedules, insomnia and this collective competition for who can get [...]
We used to think that it was impossible to grow new brain cells. That’s something I was even taught in medical school. Now we’re learning about something called neuroplasticity, which is a fancy way of saying that the brain generates new cells to replace tired or injured ones. In fact, thousands of new brain cells [...]
- 10 Surefire Tricks for Saving Money on Your Grocery Bill 28. Jan, 2012
- This Father’s Day, here are five gift ideas to help dad get healthier 14. Jun, 2012
- Gluten Free: It’s Not a Diet 29. Jul, 2011
- Five great ideas for celebrating American Heart Month 02. Feb, 2012
- Sneak Peek into Our Spring/Summer 2012 Issue! 29. Mar, 2012
- The Better Way to Choose Dietary Supplements February 27, 2013
- Take Action Against Harmful, Whole-Body Inflammation January 29, 2013
- One change each month will add up to a happier, healthier year! January 7, 2013
- Confessions of Successful Dieters January 1, 2013
- Holiday magic: Last-minute tips for less stressful, more healthful celebrations December 5, 2012
- admin: Thanks for the compliment Neal. RSS is very simple...
- home heating: Hello, I enjoy your weblog. Is there something I c...
- admin: Good luck with your training! Please check back wi...
- The Wellness Advisor: Thanks Laree!...
- Laree Bratz: As usual, another great write up. Keep up the good...
The Wellness Advisor® Magazine
Learn about some of the foods, beverages, and supplements containing CoroWise®, a leading brand of natural cholesterol reducers called plant sterols that have been clinically shown to reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol.