A sweet muffin with a heart-healthier mix of fruit, nuts and fiber.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup Smart Balance® HeartRight® Fat Free Milk
- ¼ cup Smart Balance® Cooking Oil
- 1 Smart Balance Egg, beaten
- 1 cup mashed baked sweet potato (about 12 ounces raw)
- Cinnamon sugar for topping (optional)
- Smart Balance® Omega Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with Smart Balance® Omega Non-Stick Cooking Spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and sugars and mix well. Stir in walnuts and cranberries
and make a well in the center of dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix Smart Balance® HeartRight® Fat Free Milk, Cooking Oil, beaten egg and mashed sweet potato.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix only until all ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin
pan. If desired, sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top of batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until muffins are lightly browned on top. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm or at
Nutrition Facts per serving:
Per serving: 203 calories, 8g fat, 1g saturated fat, 0 grams trans fat, 3g polyunsaturated fat, 3g monounsaturated fat, 734mg omega-3
fatty acids, 2642mg omega-6 fatty acids, 18mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 4g protein