- 1 slice Kroger® Active Lifestyle™ whole wheat bread, staled
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/4 cup Minute Maid® Heart Wise® Orange Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon White Vinegar
- Assorted fresh herbs, chopped, example: thyme, chives
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground peppercorn medley
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Mixed Greens
- Prepare mixed greens by washing, drying and tearing into bite size pieces and placing in a serving bowl.
- Cut garlic clove in half lengthwise and rub cut surface on stale bread slice. Toast bread in toaster and cut into cubes to make croutons. Mince remaining garlic.
- In a closed container such as a jar with a lid, combine minced garlic, orange juice, vinegar, herbs, salt, pepper and sugar. Shake vigorously to dissolve salt and sugar. Add olive oil and shake again to combine.
- Pour dressing on mixed greens, toss to distribute evenly.
- Add croutons, toss once more, and serve.
Nutrition Facts per serving (1 1/2 oz. Vinaigrette):
Calories 170; Total Fat, 15g; Saturated Fat, 0g; Trans Fat, 0g; Cholesterol, 0mg; Sodium, 80mg; Total Carbohydrate, 8g; Dietary Fiber, <1g; Sugars, 3g; Protein, 1g; Vitamin A, 0% DV; Vitamin C, 8% DV; Calcium, 1% DV; Iron, 0% DV; Plant Sterols, 0.16g
As part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol,the consumption of at least 0.4g of plant sterols twice daily with meals for a total intake of at least 0.8g, has been clinically shown to help lower cholesterol and may reduce the risk of heart disease.