- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tablespoon cornstrach
- 2 cups Smart Balance® HeartRight® Fat Free Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 (2 oz.) Lifetime® low fat jalapeno jack cheese product, shredded
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add frozen mixed vegetables and sauté until crisp tender.
- Wisk cornstarch into milk until no lumps are present.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk mixture on medium heat, stirring constantly until slightly thickened.
- Add sautéed vegetables, salt and white pepper. Stir until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Portion into four bowls; garnish with shredded cheese.
Nutrition facts per serving:
Calories 140; Total Fat, 5g; SaturatedFat, 0.5g; Trans Fat, 0g; Cholesterol,5mg; Sodium, 320mg; TotalCarbohydrate, 15g; Dietary Fiber, 2g;Sugars, 0g; Protein, 9g; Vitamin A,45% DV; Vitamin C, 8% DV; Calcium,25% DV; Iron, 2% DV, Plant Sterols
As part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol,the consumption of at least 0.4g of plant sterols twice daily with meals for a total intake of at least 0.8g, has been clinically shown to help lower cholesterol and may reduce the risk of heart disease.