- ¾ cup All Purpose Unbleached Flour
- ¾ cup Minute Maid® Heart Wise® Orange Juice
- ½ cup Smart Balance® HeartRight® Fat Free Milk
- ½ cup Egg Beaters® Egg Substitute
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Almond Extract
- ½ tsp. Salt
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium sized mixing bowl, set aside.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, whisk together the orange juice, fat free milk, Egg Beaters, and almond extract, until all are incorporated.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture; whisk all of the ingredients together until all are incorporated. Set aside.
- Over medium high heat, heat a nonstick sauté pan until hot. Spray the sauté pan well with a nonstick spray. Using a 1 oz ladle, ladle 1 oz of the crepe batter into the sauté pan. Carefully swirl the batter until the bottom of the sauté pan is coated with the batter.
- Cook on low to medium heat for about 60–90 minutes. With a heatproof spatula, carefully slide the spatula underneath the crepe and turn over, cook for another 30 seconds.
- Flip the sauté pan over parchment paper, the crepe should fall flat onto the paper. Cool completely, then layer parchment paper between crepes as they cool.
- Continue to make all of the crepes for easy preparation and assembling later.
Triple Berry Sauce
- 1 cup Minute Maid® Heart Wise® Orange Juice, add to blender
- ½ cup Fresh Strawberries, rinsed and hulls removed, quartered, add to blender
- ½ cup Fresh Blackberries, rinsed well, add to blender
- ½ cup Fresh Blueberries, rinsed well, add to blender
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- Zest of 1 orange, add half of it to the blender, set aside the other half
- Truvia® Natural Sweetener, 2 packets, added to the blender
- Place in blender with lid, puree until smooth and turns into a liquid.
- Remove lid, and pour sauce into a strainer over a medium sized bowl.
- Discard seeds.
- For easy garnish and storage, place the berry sauce in squeeze bottle.
Honey Oat Crusted Bananas
- 3 Slices Kroger® Active LifeStyle™ Honey Oat Bread
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 1⁄8 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1⁄8 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- Pinch of Ground Clove
- 1 tbsp. Blanched unsalted Almonds
- Place the slices of bread onto a cookie sheet. Add the almonds onto the cookie sheet. Drizzle the honey on the bread slices.
- Sprinkle all of the spices onto the bread slices.
- Place in 300˚F oven. Toast the bread and almonds to a medium golden brown, about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool completely, approx. 15 min.
- Tear toast into small pieces, place in food processor, along with the almonds. Pulse 2-3 times until crumb size, remove and place in shallow bowl.
- In another shallow dish, pour ¼ cup of MinuteMaid® Premium Heart Wise® Orange Juice.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat, then spray the pan liberally with nonstick spray.
- Peel the banana and slice in fourths on the bias, 1 whole banana per serving.
- Dip banana slices into the orange juice and roll to ensure the entire banana is wet, then roll into the honey oat crumbs, press lightly to adhere.
- Place the coated bananas into the hot sauté pan, and cook on each side for 5-10 minutes, remove and place onto large plate, tent with foil to keep warm.
- Fold the crepe into a triangle, place three of them onto the serving plate.
- Place four cooked bananas onto the crepes.
- Garnish with 2 tbsps of the triple berry sauce, and leftover fruit and orange zest.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 208; Total Fat, 2; Saturated Fat, <1g; Trans Fat, 0; Cholesterol, 0mg; Sodium, 234mg; Total Carbohydrates, 46g; Dietary Fiber, 4g; Sugars, 17g; Protein, 6g; Vitamin A, 3% DV; Vitamin C, 46% DV; Calcium, 10% DV; Iron, 12% DV; Plant Sterols, 0.5g
As part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol,the consumption of at least 0.4g of plant sterols twice daily with meals for a total intake of at least 0.8g, has been clinically shown to help lower cholesterol and may reduce the risk of heart disease.