Burn more fat and increase your endurance with shorter, high intensity workouts Endurance vs. Interval workouts: a difference in intensity Most of us are familiar with aerobic or endurance training during which we try to sustain an elevated heart rate for a long period of time. Examples include long distance running or cycling, or swimming [...]
Here’s the beauty secret that won’t cost you a fortune at the salon or cosmetic counter! Do you still think sunscreen, topical beauty creams and facials at high-priced salons are the best and only ways to keep your skin healthy and looking vibrant? Your skin is the largest organ in your body. Just as you [...]
Multiple studies correlate physical activity with achieving weight loss goals If you have been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes or have been told that you are at risk for developing it, you probably know that weight loss is key to managing the condition. The exciting news is that several Type 2 diabetes-related studies suggest a [...]
Why your fitness level matters more than your weight Like most women, Marilyn Monroe — an icon of the 1950s and perhaps the greatest sex symbol of all time — experienced fluctuations in her weight. Throughout her short life, her 5’5.5” frame carried anywhere from 118 to 140 pounds and her body mass index (BMI) [...]
As a medical doctor, I see a lot of sick people. Obesity is spreading across America, as are heart disease, diabetes and cancer. All of their related problems plague the rooms of the urgent care center where I work. While modern medicine is helping many of these people live longer, I cannot help but wonder [...]
- 10 Surefire Tricks for Saving Money on Your Grocery Bill 28. Jan, 2012
- This Father’s Day, here are five gift ideas to help dad get healthier 14. Jun, 2012
- Gluten Free: It’s Not a Diet 29. Jul, 2011
- Five great ideas for celebrating American Heart Month 02. Feb, 2012
- Sneak Peek into Our Spring/Summer 2012 Issue! 29. Mar, 2012
- The Better Way to Choose Dietary Supplements February 27, 2013
- Take Action Against Harmful, Whole-Body Inflammation January 29, 2013
- One change each month will add up to a happier, healthier year! January 7, 2013
- Confessions of Successful Dieters January 1, 2013
- Holiday magic: Last-minute tips for less stressful, more healthful celebrations December 5, 2012
- admin: Thanks for the compliment Neal. RSS is very simple...
- home heating: Hello, I enjoy your weblog. Is there something I c...
- admin: Good luck with your training! Please check back wi...
- The Wellness Advisor: Thanks Laree!...
- Laree Bratz: As usual, another great write up. Keep up the good...
The Wellness Advisor® Magazine
Learn about some of the foods, beverages, and supplements containing CoroWise®, a leading brand of natural cholesterol reducers called plant sterols that have been clinically shown to reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol.