Sometimes it seems that we are so focused on getting the fat out of our diets, that we forget that some fat is actually necessary for our health. And if you are concerned about your heart health, you should know that some types of fat can help your cardiovascular system function better. Let’s start with [...]
Muscle mass is key for overall health, as it helps keep your metabolism cranking, improves fat burning, protects your bones and helps hold everything in tighter (I like to think of it as my “metabolic shapewear”). The challenge is that with low-calorie dieting, stress, aging, lack of exercise and poor nutrition, you can easily lose [...]
Whether you are a college student or parent, spring break conjures images of fun in the sun, perhaps eating fast food and dancing as your main form of exercise (or running after your children). Think of spring break as the lead-in to summer and a great time to focus on foods to help you look [...]
Life is like a road filled with twists and turns, stoplights, roadblocks and occasional detours. There are times you will cruise along for miles, and then other days when you’ll hit every traffic light along your commute. Regardless of where you are along your course, maintaining a positive outlook and can-do mindset will help you [...]
Many of us choose foods for heart health and to help us control our weight, but surprisingly few of us consider how what we eat affects our eyes. The truth is that good nutrition is essential for eye health. Much of what we know about eye nutrition has been handed down through folklore. Now scientific [...]
- 10 Surefire Tricks for Saving Money on Your Grocery Bill 28. Jan, 2012
- This Father’s Day, here are five gift ideas to help dad get healthier 14. Jun, 2012
- Gluten Free: It’s Not a Diet 29. Jul, 2011
- Five great ideas for celebrating American Heart Month 02. Feb, 2012
- Sneak Peek into Our Spring/Summer 2012 Issue! 29. Mar, 2012
- The Better Way to Choose Dietary Supplements February 27, 2013
- Take Action Against Harmful, Whole-Body Inflammation January 29, 2013
- One change each month will add up to a happier, healthier year! January 7, 2013
- Confessions of Successful Dieters January 1, 2013
- Holiday magic: Last-minute tips for less stressful, more healthful celebrations December 5, 2012
- admin: Thanks for the compliment Neal. RSS is very simple...
- home heating: Hello, I enjoy your weblog. Is there something I c...
- admin: Good luck with your training! Please check back wi...
- The Wellness Advisor: Thanks Laree!...
- Laree Bratz: As usual, another great write up. Keep up the good...
The Wellness Advisor® Magazine
Learn about some of the foods, beverages, and supplements containing CoroWise®, a leading brand of natural cholesterol reducers called plant sterols that have been clinically shown to reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol.