As the functional food market grows, should consumers continue to trust healthy hype? Heart-healthy muffin tops? Disease-fighting cheese? An increasing amount of foods being stocked on your grocer’s shelves are making big claims about big health benefits. Do these foods really follow through on their promises or are they lying through their labels? With the [...]
There are now even more reasons why childhood is the best time to teach good eating habits. Most of us have seen the headlines: an alarming number of American children are being diagnosed with diseases such a Type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol and hypertension that were once associated with adults aging. It doesn’t have to [...]
It’s spring! The days are getting longer, we’re storing our heavy winter gear, and we’re feeling revitalized. Now is the ideal time to create some new heart-healthy habits! Take a quick look at H.E.A.R.T.: our top five recommendation for postive changes you may want to make in your life this season: H: HYDRATE. Our bodies [...]
There is good news if your doctor has told you to bring your cholesterol numbers down. A natural ingredient called plant sterols, now found in many common products at your grocery store, can safely help you lower your LDL cholesterol to a healthier level. Plant sterols, also called phytosterols, are found in all plants. The [...]
- 10 Surefire Tricks for Saving Money on Your Grocery Bill 28. Jan, 2012
- This Father’s Day, here are five gift ideas to help dad get healthier 14. Jun, 2012
- Gluten Free: It’s Not a Diet 29. Jul, 2011
- Five great ideas for celebrating American Heart Month 02. Feb, 2012
- Sneak Peek into Our Spring/Summer 2012 Issue! 29. Mar, 2012
- The Better Way to Choose Dietary Supplements February 27, 2013
- Take Action Against Harmful, Whole-Body Inflammation January 29, 2013
- One change each month will add up to a happier, healthier year! January 7, 2013
- Confessions of Successful Dieters January 1, 2013
- Holiday magic: Last-minute tips for less stressful, more healthful celebrations December 5, 2012
- admin: Thanks for the compliment Neal. RSS is very simple...
- home heating: Hello, I enjoy your weblog. Is there something I c...
- admin: Good luck with your training! Please check back wi...
- The Wellness Advisor: Thanks Laree!...
- Laree Bratz: As usual, another great write up. Keep up the good...
The Wellness Advisor® Magazine
Learn about some of the foods, beverages, and supplements containing CoroWise®, a leading brand of natural cholesterol reducers called plant sterols that have been clinically shown to reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol.