T or F: Heart disease and high LDL cholesterol is a majoir problem in the US Ture: Nearly 100 million Americans have high cholesterol and heart disease is responsible for half of all deaths in the United States. Blood cholesterol is composed of 2 kinds of cholesterol, LDL (low-density lipoprotein) and HDL (high-density lipoprotein). LDL is the “bad” [...]
Here’s a fascinating story about the balance in nature. All animals – you and I and the animal food we eat – make and need cholesterol. Life can’t go on without it. Similarly, all plants make and need a virtually identical family substances called phytosterol. We manufacture cholesterol in our livers, and need it for [...]
If you are like most people, you probably know that a high fiber diet is good for you but you may not know why. Fiber helps with your digestion and appetite control. Certain types of fiber can help lower your LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels, and help you maintain healthy blood sugar levels. Think of [...]
Most busy people overestimate their pyhsical activity level. They consider themselves active because they are always on the go. But while rushing from one meeting to another, or chauffeuring your kids to soccer practice, may make you feel like passing out from exhaustion, it’s not the same as getting a sufficient amount of exercise. You [...]
Go Red Go Red for Women and Wipe out Heart Disease Every minute heart disease claims the life of a woman in this country—460,000 women this year. Perhaps your friend, your mother, your sister. It is the number one killer of women. Know these numbers. Know your numbers. Go Red For Women. Whatever you do, [...]
- 10 Surefire Tricks for Saving Money on Your Grocery Bill 28. Jan, 2012
- This Father’s Day, here are five gift ideas to help dad get healthier 14. Jun, 2012
- Gluten Free: It’s Not a Diet 29. Jul, 2011
- Five great ideas for celebrating American Heart Month 02. Feb, 2012
- Sneak Peek into Our Spring/Summer 2012 Issue! 29. Mar, 2012
- The Better Way to Choose Dietary Supplements February 27, 2013
- Take Action Against Harmful, Whole-Body Inflammation January 29, 2013
- One change each month will add up to a happier, healthier year! January 7, 2013
- Confessions of Successful Dieters January 1, 2013
- Holiday magic: Last-minute tips for less stressful, more healthful celebrations December 5, 2012
- admin: Thanks for the compliment Neal. RSS is very simple...
- home heating: Hello, I enjoy your weblog. Is there something I c...
- admin: Good luck with your training! Please check back wi...
- The Wellness Advisor: Thanks Laree!...
- Laree Bratz: As usual, another great write up. Keep up the good...
The Wellness Advisor® Magazine
Learn about some of the foods, beverages, and supplements containing CoroWise®, a leading brand of natural cholesterol reducers called plant sterols that have been clinically shown to reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol.