We’ve all had those evenings. A meeting that ran late, a traffic jam, one kid’s soccer practice or the other’s violin lesson … any of these schedule disruptions can lead to everyone getting home tired, hungry, and wanting dinner on the table pronto. Other than eating macaroni and cheese every night, what can you do? […]
Gluten: It’s the sticky protein present in many grains such as wheat, rye and barley, that gives texture and desirable baking qualities to a food. It is found in numerous foods such as breads, pasta, cereals, cookies, cakes and pie and it is also hidden in many sauces, marinades, food coatings and even cosmetics. It […]
Many dietary supplements have tremendous potential health benefits, from cholesterol-lowering plant sterols to fibers that help regulate the digestive system. Some dietary supplements can also help you get an adequate amount of nutrients if you aren’t getting enough through diet alone. But unlike prescription drugs, which must have FDA approval before they can be marketed, […]
When motivation (or desperation) strikes, your knee-jerk reaction may be to reach for the most drastic, quick weight-loss solution. But there are two main problems with this approach. First, these programs are made for the masses so they don’t take into account dietary modifications based on your lifestyle. Second, they ask you to transform your […]
Having children has been an opportunity for me to apply everything I learned in graduate school about nutrition. When we moved to the suburbs and my children were little, our family contributed small boxes of raisins to the neighborhood’s Halloween bags. In the years to follow, we graduated to pretzels. As my kids got older […]
- This Father’s Day, here are five gift ideas to help dad get healthier 14. Jun, 2012
- Gluten Free: It’s Not a Diet 29. Jul, 2011
- 10 Surefire Tricks for Saving Money on Your Grocery Bill 28. Jan, 2012
- Five great ideas for celebrating American Heart Month 02. Feb, 2012
- 5 Foods That Lead to a Good Night’s Sleep 26. Jun, 2012
- 8 Tips for Creating Nutritious Dinners in a Hurry November 21, 2013
- Gluten Free: Going Beyond Celiac Disease November 3, 2013
- Why You Should Read Dietary Supplement Labels October 23, 2013
- Lose Weight for Good with These Four Easy Tips October 16, 2013
- Don’t Be Tricked by Halloween Treats May 25, 2013
- admin: Thanks for the compliment Neal. RSS is very simple...
- home heating: Hello, I enjoy your weblog. Is there something I c...
- admin: Good luck with your training! Please check back wi...
- The Wellness Advisor: Thanks Laree!...
- Laree Bratz: As usual, another great write up. Keep up the good...
The Wellness Advisor® Magazine
Learn about some of the foods, beverages, and supplements containing CoroWise®, a leading brand of plant sterols that have been clinically shown to reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol.